Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tombstone Tuesday -- Grace Price Poulsen

Grace was my great-grandmother.  She was born 9 September 1871 in Paris, Idaho and died 4 February 1905 in Paris, Idaho.  She is buried in the Paris Cemetery.

Grace was only five years old when her mother passed away. She was raised by her stepmother, Susannah. Her father, Robert Price, managed the Co-Op dairy in Nounan valley. Several of his daughters including Grace worked there.  She would milk around twenty cows by hand morning and night. This is where she met her husband, James S. Poulsen.

While I was in the cemetery I took a photo of the little headstone for their son Benjamin who they lost when he was only 3 years old.

I find myself wondering why great-grandma's headstone wasn't sitting on a pedestal like great-grandpa's? (Was that a man thing or what?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Breast Cancer Site