Friday, January 21, 2011

Friend of Friends Friday - Dorcas McComb McLain Will



So I was doing the genealogy surf on the net and found some new information (love it when that happens). I stumbled on to the McClain Exchange Newsletters and found the transcribed will of Dorcas McComb McLain who is the 6th great-grandmother of my children. It was submitted by a McLain researcher that I used to correspond with back in the old days when I didn't know what the internet was (I need to look her up!)


Among the things she gave and bequeathed were slaves.  This was also new information to me.  I wasn't aware that any of the McLains owned slaves.  So here I am sharing this will in the hopes it will help someone else.


This Will was included in the Volume 5, Number 4 - Winter 1995 issue of the McClain Exchange.  I haven't looked at the other issues yet, better get busy and do that.


If you click on the image, you should be able to read it just fine. However, I will note the names mentioned here.


Slaves mentioned: ISAAC ELIZABETH NANCY(OR HARRY) REBECCA ISRAEL OBED


Heirs mentioned: JOHN MCLAIN, JANE MCLAIN, ELIZABETH MCOMB.


Witness: SAMUEL FISHER



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Breast Cancer Site