Monday, January 10, 2011

Madness Monday - I am a Geni Addict!

I am going absolutely mad!! Geni, I love you, I really do, but you are like a monkey on my back!


Some of you may have noticed (or not)that I haven't been blogging as much. You can blame it all on Geni. Today I finally figured out what it is that keeps me over there merging and pleading with curators to help with what I can't do.


It's when I stumble on to ole gr-gr-gr-gr-gr-gr-gr-gr-gr-great gramp's profile and someone has him as the son of Tom, Dick, and Harry when I know that he isn't the son of a Tom, Dick, or a Harry! 


I just can't let all my cousins think that ole gramps belongs to someone else's family.  So I end up staying there until I get the errors corrected (with some sort of documentation, of course)to my satisfaction (and hope it stays fixed).


I especially like it when I can check to see if I am related to some celebrity. That is usually how I find the errors.




Thanks for listening :-)



2 comments:

  1. It is maddening when Geni cousins are careless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've decided it's all about hats. There is the intuitive hat you wear when you come up with a hunch. Then there's the no-nonsense hat you wear when you're verifying the data you've uncovered in your research. Finally, there is the tin-foil hat you wear once all of this has driven you out of your mind.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Breast Cancer Site