Friday, March 18, 2011

I Wont Bite - I promise

Have you ever read Amy Coffin's "Fun With Search Terms" posts over at The We Tree Genealogy Blog? If not, you should head on over there and check it out.

Like her, I tend to get a little bummed when people don't leave comments after arriving at one of my blogs after a little googleing.  I have to say that the search terms that land on my blogs aren't near as interesting as the ones Amy gets.

Anyway I am just here saying that if you are one of my cousins and you land on one of my blogs, sure would be nice if you would leave a comment, or send me an email and say, "hey cuz!" I promise, I wont bite!

Maybe we have the same 9th great-grandpa, or we are 15th cousins thrice removed. We can't know if we don't communicate. I promise, I wont bite!

Even if you're not related and you Google my grandma, let's talk about her.  I promise, I wont bite!

Maybe we can help each other out.  I haven't posted everything yet. I may have something you are looking for. I promise, I wont bite!

And to whoever Googled my aunt from Meridian, Idaho - she is going crazy wondering who is searching for her!  You know I had to tell her.


5 comments:

  1. Leslie Ann, I know exactly what you mean about the search terms, especially ones that interest you as well. Your new design is lovely, really like the green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the mention. It is very frustrating, especially when the search phrase is exactly one of your ancestors. The "fun with search terms" series is my way of adding humor when I'm a little bummed that someone visited and left without making the connection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leslie, We are not cousins, bummer! ~laughs~ But I did want to leave a message that I had visited and wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your blogs and your page is very pretty, I like it.
    I am new to blogging and did not realize how frustrating it can get when someone visits and you don't know who or why. I am still tweeking my blog page so I wanted to look at a few more this morning. I found this link from Thomas MacEntee's GeneaBlogger that I follow. He has some great links and I am learning alot.
    I really like the way you have shared your documents. I remember a time when people would not share the documents that they had paid for. Good to see that is changing, I have noticed it alot on the new Blogs.
    Oops well, there I go rambling again ~smiles~ Good luck with your Research
    Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kristine! Thanks so much for stopping by and I'm glad you enjoyed my blog!

    Yes, I believe whole heartedly in share and share alike! After all, if you share the same ancestors you should share the information!

    Welcome to the blogging world. I know you will enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Breast Cancer Site