Thursday, September 1, 2011

Incoming Documents from the U.K.

Well, I did it.  I bit the bullet, emptied my piggy bank and ordered court documents from The National Archives U.K.!

With the help of fellow geneatweep @lizl_genealogy I was able to find out just how much it was going to set me back.  I never know the correct key word to google for the £ sign. She sent me over to this currency converter page.  They even have a currency converter widget you can put on your page or blog.


The court document is titled Parkinson v Francis, Talbot and Shove. Bill and two answers. The plaintiffs are Paul William Parkinson and another.  The defendants are Robert Francis, Joseph Talbot, Elizabeth Talbot, John Talbot, John Shove and wife, William Pickett (abroad) and Elizabeth Pickett (abroad).

The plaintiff is the illegitimate son of Alderman Pickett and one of the defendants is his illegitimate daughter, and boy do I have questions about the William and Elizabeth Pickett who are abroad!

In case you are wondering (or not), I still haven't transcribed the wills that I ordered earlier.  I got side tracked with the Allens.  I know, I need to get on the ball with that.

I certainly hope that what these documents reveal are well worth the dough!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Breast Cancer Site