Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Family History Through the Alphabet Challenge ~ U


Uis for Utah.

Six of my 2nd great-grandparents, twelve of my 3rd great-grandparents and one 4th great-grandfather made their way to Utah from across the plains.

I made an earlier post for Pioneer Day paying tribute to my Utah Pioneers.

Nine of my 2nd great-grandparents left Utah to settle the Bear Lake Valley which I am very grateful for. If you know me, you know how I love my Bear Lake Valley.

The Bear Lake Valley is half in Utah and half in Idaho. For Native Americans, Bear Lake Valley was prime hunting ground. Bear Lake was the site of two fur trader-trapper Rendezvous held during the summers of 1826 and 1827. Such notables as Jedediah Smith and Jim Bridger were in attendance.

The following websites are very helpful for Utah research.



Check out the other posts about the letter U.



Leslie Ann

1 comment:

  1. U for Utah ... of course, it just the world's CENTRE for genealogy. I don't have any reli's that went to, or came from Utah (that I know of), but it is one of the few places on my must visit list. I can't even envisage what the FHL is like ... but guaranteed I'd be in total awe of it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Breast Cancer Site