Thursday, November 15, 2012

Treasure Chest Thursday ~ My Baby Book


My last trip home I brought my baby book back with me.  It has sat in my cedar chest for years which is still sitting in mom's basement.

It's one of the things that I used to look at over and over again.

The book itself was published by C. R. Gibson & Company. They have been around for 142 years now.

I just love the illustrations. I was only able to find out who the illustrator was from a picture on Ebay. It seems that her name was covered in my book by a cute little birth announcement.


Her name is Gini Dobson. I haven't been able to find out anything about her, but I just love her work.


And ya got to love this little birth announcement.





That's some pretty big feet for a 3 year old.

And here is the proof that I "always swung one leg over the arm rest".


My first Thanksgiving.




Leslie Ann

3 comments:

  1. I used the same baby book for my oldest daughter born in 1970. Interesting to see the same pages, yet with different photos in them. So similar and yet different. I must confess I was a lot messier in doing my daughter's book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! My son used to hang his arm over the edge in the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this great post and the photos of your baby book. I just kept saying... awww. Awww, how cute. I'm so glad your mother prepared it for you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Breast Cancer Site