Thursday, March 14, 2013

Treasure Chest Thursday ~ 1957 Postcard

This is another goody that I scanned the last time I was back home in Idaho.  It's a postcard that my great-grandmother, Esther Eleanor Henderson Barker sent to grandma Blanche.

It's postmarked Sep 10 A.M. 1957 Utah and addressed to Blanche Piggott, Bloomington, Idaho.

Sept 9
Dear Blanche & the girls
where was you after the
meeting we never left
town until 6 oclock
from Eldons I called
several times but could
not get you. call ????
& he told us who the
Bishoprick was hope your
all well. we have one
Batch of soup on happy
Birthday to Joyce love

Joyce (mom) had just turned 15 that day. I don't have a clue who Eldon was, and I hurt my brain trying to figure out who she called.

Leslie Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Breast Cancer Site