Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Fearless Females ~ Recipe


Once again Lisa Alzo has brought back Fearless Females, the blogging prompt to celebrate National Women's History Month.

Today's prompt: March 7 — Share a favorite recipe from your mother or grandmother’s kitchen. Why is this dish your favorite? If you don’t have one that’s been passed down, describe a favorite holiday or other meal you shared with your family.

Grandma Smedley made the best cookies! I know I am not the only grandchild to think so. She would make a double batch and freeze some of them so there would always be cookies in the cookie jar when a visitor may appear.

Every time we went to grandma's after getting mauled at the door I made a bee line to the cookie jar. If it was winter my next stop would be sitting on the floor in front of the heater with a cookie in each hand. If it wasn't winter, the rocking chair would suffice.

When I make cookies this is my go to recipe. However, I always skip the nuts. I can't say that I have ever put the cookie dough in the fridge before baking either.


Leslie Ann

1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite family cookie also. Got it from my mom who is Grace's sister. I probably have eaten more straight out of the freezer (easy way to sneak a cookie!) It's a favorite of my children. I also don't add nuts or chill the dough.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Breast Cancer Site