Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tombstone Tuesday - Annie Adelia Henderson

Another headstone from my snowy cemetery escapade in Bear Lake County, Idaho last May.




Little Annie Adelia was only 11 years old when she died.  I haven't been able to find out what she died from. She was my great-grandaunt. I assume that my great-aunt Adelia was named after her.


Annie was buried in the Laketown Cemetery in Rich County, Utah.  The headstone reads:


ANNIE ADELIA
Dau of
SAML N & SARAH J
HENDERSON
FEB. 25, 1890
SEPT. 12, 1901




2 comments:

  1. I wonder how she died? It always is a bit melancholy to see a young life cut short. Makes you wonder what might have been, and how the "empty chair" affected the entire family dynamic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to know there is another cemetery walker who isn't intimidated by snow. I seem to walk and take photos no matter the weather.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Breast Cancer Site