Monday, November 15, 2010

Amanuensis Monday - Tribute to Grace Smedley

Today I wanted to share this tribute that was written about grandma Smedley:








Tribute to Grace Smedley
written by Cheryl Eborn & given by ward 
President Sandra Passey March 21, 1992.



There is a time for some things,
And a time for all things;
A time for great things,
And a time for small things.


Sister Smedley has always made time for visiting teaching.  When accepting the call, she did so with a firm dedication and love for those with whom she served as well as those she was to serve.  There never was any heart truly great and gracious, that was not also tender and compassionate.  Sister Grace has shared her heart with many by her smile and loving spirit.  In visiting with those who have known her many of the feelings she engendered were expressed with great love and admiration.  Her cheery smile, her sparkling eyes, her beautiful complexion were features most admired.  Her good nature and ability to be pleasant no matter what the circumstances has been a blessing to those who have worked with her.  This may also be the reason vor her ability to visit in homes where many others were not  able to. She has always had a great desire for knowledge and still does much reading.  A past visiting teacher remembered how she has always read the lesson and knew it well.  Her first memory of visiting teaching was of pushing her youngest in a buggy which was about the year of 1941.  These past fifty years have seen many homes blessed and  many lives touched by Sister Smedley's testimony.  The Savior said, "these things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.  This is my commandment.  That ye love one another, as I have loved you. ....Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth; but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain; that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my  name, he may give it you.  These things I cammand you, that ye love one another."  John 15:11-17.. Sister Grace, a befitting name, yo have brough forth fruit as commanded by loving one another, truly a friend of our Savior.  May your joy be full for loving the sisters of our ward.


They also presented me with a beautiful
book, "My Neighbor, My Sister, My Friend"
by, Ardeth Greene Kapp


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Breast Cancer Site