Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My First 1940 Census Find

Well I didn't have much luck yesterday even looking at a census image.  So I finally went to bed and figured I would have better luck this morning.  I did.  I found my paternal grandparents in Paris, Bear Lake, Idaho this morning while I was drinking my morning coffee.  I hit the download button on the National Archives site and then saved the image.

I had some errands to run so I figured I would look for my maternal grandparents when I got back.  I did.  I found them in Bloomington, Bear Lake, Idaho.  I hit the download button and the image that popped up was not the one I was looking at.  So I had to find them again which wasn't very easy because of the server mess. I know you know what I'm talking about.

Click on image.
Guess what? I found a boo-boo.  The two youngest children were actually twins.  I will have to tell uncle Merrill that they made him three years older than he actually is.

So I went to check out the image I saved for my paternal grandparents and discovered that it was also the wrong one.  Guess what I'll be doing later?


1 comment:

  1. Sorry for your bad luck with downloading. I downloaded the entire ED and looked through it offline which let me find some other relatives who lived in the same area.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Breast Cancer Site