Tuesday, May 15, 2012

New Cousins!

You may have noticed that I have not been blogging as much (or not).  There is a reason for that.  I mean, besides life, and other responsibilities.  I have found new cousins! Actually, they found me.  And do you know how they found me?  Through this blog!  Another testament for the number ONE reason to have a genealogy blog.

And you know when you find new cousins that you're all about looking into the lines that connect you.  Well I have FIVE new cousin correspondents!

Actually, I can't claim the first two as cousins.  It's our hubbies that are actually the cousins.  Miles Austin is hubby's 4th great-grandfather and he has been a major brick  wall for years!  So now I have two others to help in the Austin effort.

Next, a granddaughter of my great-aunt Lillian found me when she googled "Paris, Idaho" and my grandpa Smedley showed up.  She said to herself, "That's my grandma's brother!"

Calvin Buck Smedley      Lillian Buck Smedley

I have also been corresponding with her sister who has all of great aunt Lillian's genealogy research and boxes of ephemera that she had saved. I have been trying to track that stuff down for years!

They are both newbies at family history so I have been helping them out a bit.

Then just last week I heard from a third cousin on the Buck side who found me through the Luddite Bicentenary - 1811-1813 blog.

I look forward to sharing all that comes from these connections.




2 comments:

  1. Congrats! That's definitely one of the best parts of writing a genealogy blog - it has helped me not only connect with cousins but knock down so many brick walls - you never know who has the info you need! Enjoy your new-found family tree branches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am grateful I found such a loving soul. I hope to get to meet
    you one day.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Breast Cancer Site