Monday, November 5, 2012

Amanuensis Monday ` 1910 Postcard to Mr. Wm C Piggott




This morbid looking postcard was among the ephemera of grandma Hazel's that mom kept.  I scanned it with my magic wand. As you can tell I didn't do a very good job.

It was sent to my great-grandfather William Cannon Piggott five days after he married grandma Hazel. The sender's name was Ella Hall.  I haven't been able to find anything about this person.  I can't connect her to the family so she must have been a friend, or even old girlfriend, of grandpa Bill's cause it is only addressed to him.


It was postmarked from Afton, Wyoming, Oct 10, 1910

Addressed to Mr. Wm C. Piggott
Pegram Bloomington, Idaho

Wish you much
    joy.
First a girl then
   a (boy).
     Ella Hall

Amanuensis Monday is an ongoing series created by John Newmark at Transylvanian Dutch.



Leslie Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Breast Cancer Site