When I was in grade school, probably about third grade, I used to get these I Can
|Third grade class picture|
I can't remember the order they came in, but I have the following books:
- Little Bear, by Else Holmelund Minarik
- Little Bear's Friend, by Else Holmelund Minarik
- Little Bear's Visit, by Else Holmelund Minarik
- Danny and the Dinosaur, by Syd Hoff
- Julius, by Syd Hoff
- Chester, by Syd Hoff
- The Strange Disappearance of Arthur Cluck, by Nathaniel Benchley
- Let's Get Turtles by, Millicent E. Selsam
- The Secret Three, by Mildred Myrick
- Big Max, by Kin Platt
- The Fire Cat, by Esther Averill
- Johnny Lion's Book, by Edith Thacher Hurd
My favorites were the Little Bear books. Little Bear was actually the first of Harper & Row's I Can Read books.
I really love the Illustrations of the Little Bear books. The artist was Maurice Sendak.
One of these days I will share them with the grandchildren.