Last week my daughter called me after watching one of those ghost hunting shows. They were investigating the Lizzie Borden Bed & Breakfast. She knew we were related to her, but didn't know how so I told her I would make a chart for her.
This is just one of the ways we connect to Lizzie. My software would only let me make one chart. These are the other ways I am connected to her:
- Sixth cousin 3 times removed - common ancestor: William RICKETSON & Elizabeth MOTT.
- Sixth cousin 4 times removed - common ancestor: John COOKE ALIAS BUTCHER & Mary BORDEN.
- Seventh cousin 3 times removed - common ancestor: Thomas CORNELL & Rebecca.
- Seventh cousin 4 times removed - common ancestor: Thomas COOKE ALIAS BUTCHER & Mary.
- Seventh cousin 4 times removed - common ancestor: Richard BORDEN & Joan FOWLE.
- Eighth cousin 4 times removed - common ancestor: George CORNELL & Susan CASSE.
Rebecca is my 9th great-grandmother. She is Lizzie's 6th great-grandmother. Rebecca's son Thomas (Lizzie's 5th great-grandfather) was executed for murdering her.
I just discovered this article When Ghosts Kill: The Story of Rebecca Cornell and learned that the Cornell mansion still stands and it is now a restaurant called Valley Inn. I also found out through this article that there is a book written about Rebecca's death called "Killed Strangely: The Death of Rebecca Cornell".
You can read the transcript of the Thomas Cornell trial here.
Now there are three more things that I would like to do:
- Stay at the Lizzie Borden Bed & Breakfast
- Eat at the Valley Inn
- Read the book "Killed Strangely: The Death of Rebecca Cornell, by Elaine Forman Crane.