Thursday, January 17, 2013

Treasure Chest Thursday ~ Grandma's Sewing Box



This Tupperware sewing box belonged to my maternal grandmother. It's one of the few things I got of hers when she passed. Strangely I had never seen it before my mom gave it to me.

These things were tucked inside:

  • a thimble 
  • a little pair of scissors 
  • a tube with needles inside and one with straight pins inside 
  • a little spool of white tatting crochet thread
  • Three pencils - two of them with those little metal clips on them so you can hang them in your pocket. (What the heck do you call those things?)
  • Two needles in red foil
  • an Acme Zip-Strip
  • a needle gripper (boy does that come in handy)

I keep those things in there, well because they were hers. But I also put some of my stuff in there - buttons and beads and crafty things.





Leslie Ann

2 comments:

  1. I really love this post and the way it made remember how much Grandma Kelly's sewing kit and tin of buttons was magical! Am offering you the Libster Blog Award and I hope that you'll aqccept and play the game:) Here's the link:
    http://nutsfromthefamilytree.blogspot.com/2013/01/libster-blog-award-coming-my-way.html
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had this sewing box, too, but ours was blue. I think I still have it somewhere. It was so handy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Breast Cancer Site