Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Idaho Territory Sesquicentennial


March 4, 2013 marked the 150th year of Idaho becoming a Territory with Abraham Lincoln's signature.

Boise kicked off celebrations at the State Capitol that morning with hundreds of folks in attendance. They even renamed the Senate auditorium the Abraham Lincoln Auditorium.

I wish I could have been there, but alas no.

All of my grandparents and five of my great-grandparents were all born in Idaho. And you know how I love Idaho. This year I want to celebrate the 150 year mark by doing blog posts centered around Idaho history and it's Pioneers.

I would also like to recruit some guest bloggers to share their Idaho stories.  If you are interested, I would love to hear from you.



Leslie Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Breast Cancer Site