I actually forgot to check the mail Saturday. Sunday when hubby got out of the truck to check the mail before we headed down the lane to the house I noticed that he was holding what looked like two small manila envelopes before he got back into the truck. Then I thought to myself, Could that be the 53 page will I have been expecting? No, surely they wouldn't have......Sure as $#it the mail carrier folded my legal size manila envelope in half and shoved it in the mailbox!! I was fuming, and that wasn't the worst of it. Just look at what this package went through:
I mean, it literally looks like it was ran over by a truck! That is not what I expect $49.50 package to look like! It's a darn good thing there wasn't any pictures in there. The papers seemed to be alright, except for a big bow in the middle from being folded over.
Okay, I have ranted enough -- on to the will. I never realized there was so much involved with processing a will. These are all the documents that were included in her probate file:
- The will itself.
- E-4014 - Petition for Probate of Will.
- 346 - Order Appointing Time.
- 337 - Notice For Publication of Time, Etc.
- 385 - Testimony of Applicant on Probate of Will.
- 384 - Testimony of Subscribing Witnesses on Probate of Will.
- 312 - Certificate of Proof of Will and the Facts Found.
- Order Admitting Will to Probate.
- Letters Testamentary. D-3097
- 345 - Order Appointing Appraisers.
- 323 - Inventory and Appraisement.
- 357 - Order of Publication of Notice to Creditors.
- Publishers Certificate. (Two of them)
- 300 - Account.
- 368 - Petition for Distribution of Estate.
- Order Appointing Day of Settlement of Account and Directing Notice to be Given.
- Notice of Hearing of Final Account and Petition for Distribution.
- Affidavit of Posting Notice.
- Decree of Settlement of Account.
- and last, but not least. Decree of Distribution of Estate.